Evangelical’s mission of nurturing rigorous minds is expressed through the scholarship of teaching, the scholarship of practice, and the scholarship of research. The Evangelical Journal, a biannual publication, provides a credible, readable forum for critical reflection on all these aspects of scholarship. Contributors include Evangelical faculty and alumni, as well as other scholars and practitioners in the Evangelical tradition. Essays are wide-ranging, from church history to biblical interpretation, from cultural hermeneutics to apologetics.
Dr. Douglas Buckwalter, Professor of New Testament, serves as The Journal’s editor. Contact Dr. Buckwalter at email@example.com for subscription services or submission guidelines.
- Sacraments Reimagined: Fulfillment, Continuity and the New Israel: by Matthew S. Sichel
- Walk Humbly with Your God by Todd Fetters
- The Blockbuster Story and Cultural Status of Christianity in the United States by George Thomas Kurian and Mark A. Lamport
- How do We Grow Spiritually? by Mark A. Maddix
- Artistry and Architecture in the Fourth Commandment: New Proposals on the Context, Structure, and Beauty of Israel’s Sabbath Law: by Timothy R. Valentino
- The Hike of Hikes – Luke’s Travel Narrative (Luke 9:51–19:27) by H. Douglas Buckwalter
- Judgment, Anger, Benevolence, and Jonah: Exploring Human Responses to Divine Benevolence via the Framework of the Judeo-Christian Worldview by Robert P. French II
- Fatherlessness: The Implications for God’s Word, Church, and World by Gregory E. Lamb