MA Marriage & Family Therapy
If you are passionate about helping others build healthy relationships and strong families, then God may be calling you to start your journey toward a Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy (MAMFT). Our program will help you develop competent professional skills as marriage and family therapists, and prepare you for Pennslyvania State Licensure (as well any other state with similar requirements to PA).
The distinctions of our program include:
- COAMFTE accredited (aamft.org)
- 65 credits plus 300 or 500 supervised practicum hours, (depending on student’s goals)
- Cohort-based classes Tuesdays and Thursdays, late afternoon and evening
- Student intern placement at one of our counseling centers or collaborative sites during the first year of practicum
- Integration of biblical principles and Christian faith with marriage and family theories
- Only one of a very few faith-based programs in the United States
The cohort model helps to foster a safe and supportive environment that enables students to develop close relationships with each other and their professors. As you address your personal foundations from within this framework, you will grow personally, relationally, and spiritually. You will find yourself transformed and equipped to serve as a professional marriage and family therapist.
Download our COAMFTE Student Achievement Criteria Data here!
A Deeper Look