Yea! We’re glad you decided to submit an application. We look forward to helping you complete all the steps and getting your application before the academic committee for a decision. To complete an application, you will need to make sure to do all of these things.
- Complete the application form below
- Submit 3 essays (you can upload these within the application form or you mail email them to us)
- An autobiographical essay of approximately 500 words describing your Christian walk, relationship with Christ, and the significant factors which have contributed to your spiritual formation.
- An education intent essay of approximately 500 words explaining your motivation to pursue theological education. Be sure to include your intended professional and vocational goals, calling to ministry, assessment of abilities and spiritual gifts, and relevant church and parachurch experience.
- A recent college paper, sermon, article or essay. If a recent work is not possible, write an essay, of approximately 500 words, on a relevant topic of your choice.
- (Optional) Academic assessment clarification. Only provide this if you feel your academic record is not an accurate assessment of your academic abilities. Provide clarification in writing.
- Provide 3 references (you will be asked to give the name and email address of these individuals within the application form) and make sure to send each one a copy of the reference form.
- church reference (pastor or official)
- academic or professional reference
- personal reference
- Submit transcript(s) from previous institution(s)
- $35 Admissions fee (by credit card within the application form or by check)
- Need financial assistance?
- Fill out the Free Application for Student Aid form
- Evangelical’s Grant application.
Please send any materials not submitted online or by email to: Evangelical Seminary, Attention: Admissions, 121 South College Street, Myerstown, PA 17067