November 15, 2017●8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
121 South College Street
Myerstown, PA 17067-1299
Sometimes while ministering in a broken and complex world, we find ourselves needing a boost. Proverbs advises us, “Whoever refreshes others will be refreshed” (Proverbs 11:25).
The Symposium is an opportunity to be refreshed by our gifted and insightful alumni—to reinvigorate your mind, impassion your heart, and re-center your actions on Christ.
Attendees can select from multiple TED-style presentations (20-minutes each) on a variety of practical disciplines, such as pastoral ministry, personal development, spiritual formation, therapy, and organizational theory. Some of the topics include:
• Leadership and Resilience
• Can “People Pleasers” Set Boundaries?
• Caring for the “Soul-Weary” During Chaotic Times
• Experiment or Die! Transforming the Culture of a Smaller Church
• The Desirable Heft of Being: Rescuing Identity from the Chains of Activity
• Beauty in Brokenness: Kintsugi and the Art of Trauma Therapy
• More than Just a Transcript: Turning Your Preaching or Speaking into Writing
• Cultivating Stillness—Reclaiming Our Christian Contemplative Heritage
Reserve your spot for Wednesday, November 15, 2017, at Evangelical Seminary’s main campus in Myerstown.
Your $20 registration fee will help cover a continental breakfast at the 8:30 a.m. registration time, and a lunch together at noon. Cost is $15.00 each for a group of 4 or more attendees from one organization.
We will wrap up by 3:30 p.m., and certain all-day attenders will be able to obtain CEUs for an additional cost of $5.
The presentation agenda will be sent to all pre-registrants, although we welcome day-of registrations.
Note: Online registration for this event is now closed. Walk-in registrations are welcome, keeping in mind that the lunch order has already been submitted to the caterer.