Student Learning Outcomes
We believe that a therapist’s personal development precedes and informs great therapeutic practice so we’ve designed our program to deliver these important outcomes. To see how these Student Learning Outcomes(SLOs) relate to the program goals, click here: MFT Student Program Goals.
- SLO 1 -Students will demonstrate comprehension and application of the relational/systemic marriage and family therapeutic models.
- SLO 2 -Students will be able to articulate what marriage and family theory/theories inform their clinical work and its application to multicultural contexts.
- SLO 3 -Students will demonstrate knowledge and competency in assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning, and therapeutic interventions with individuals, couples and families seeking treatment, from a relational/systemic framework that is multi-culturally informed.
- SLO 4 -Students will demonstrate knowledge and basic application of research to marriage and family therapy.
- SLO 5 -Graduates will perform successfully on the AMFTRB national licensing exam.
- SLO 6 -Students will demonstrate knowledge and competency of MFT ethical, legal and professional issues.
- SlO 7 -Students will demonstrate awareness of and address “self of the therapist” issues that impact the capacity for practice/service and ministry.
- SLO 8 -Students will demonstrate awareness of and comprehension of and sensitivity to issues of diversity and multiculturalism in the therapeutic process.
- SLO 9 -Students will demonstrate the ability to integrate Christian faith and Biblical principles with marriage and family theory and praxis.
- SLO 10 -Students will demonstrate knowledge and comprehension of Biblical principles and spiritual formation.