Admissions process for MFT
Individuals are encouraged to apply by April 1 for the MAMFT program. Those who have successfully completed the application process will be invited to participate in a group interview in April with members of the marriage and family therapy faculty. Applications received after the April group interview will be processed individually, and individual or group interviews will be scheduled as needed.
- Individuals are encouraged to apply for admission to the program by April 1.
- Qualified applicants will receive notification of “provisional acceptance,” dependent upon the completion of a group interview.
- In April, qualified applicants will meet with the MAMFT faculty for an all-day group interview process.
- Faculty will make recommendations to the dean of academic programs, who will make the final decision concerning acceptance into the program.
- Students who are admitted into the program and begin coursework do so with the understanding that further evaluation will be conducted by the faculty prior to admittance to the practicum.