MFT Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate comprehension and application of the relational/systemic marriage and family therapeutic models.
- Students will be able to articulate what marriage and family theory/theories inform their clinical work and its application to multicultural contexts.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge and competency in assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning, and therapeutic interventions with individuals, couples and families seeking treatment, from a relational/systemic framework that is multi-culturally informed.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge and competency of MFT ethical, legal and professional issues.
- Students will demonstrate awareness of and address “self of the therapist” issues, including ones’ own character traits, interpersonal skills, and innate abilities and gifts.
- Students will demonstrate awareness of and sensitivity to issues of diversity and multiculturalism in the therapeutic process.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge and basic application of research to marriage and family therapy.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to integrate Christian faith and Biblical principles with marriage and family theory and praxis, and to one’s personal life.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge and comprehension of Biblical principles and spiritual formation.